Here are a few things to do before winter comes:
- Change your furnace filter. This is one of the simplest, yet most effective maintenance items on your heating system.
- Switch the damper on your humidifier from the summer setting to the winter setting.
- Replace the evaporator pad on your humidifier.
- Block off crawlspace vents.
- Caulk and/or insulate around windows and doors to prevent drafts and heat loss.
- Check the vent of the furnace for obstructions.
- Verify the operation of smoke detectors and CO detectors
- Schedule a reputable HVAC contractor to service the system