A question we are often asked is, “Should I get my furnace serviced?”
Like all mechanical items, preventative maintenance is the best way to lengthen the life of the equipment. The same can be said for heating systems. Whether you have a gas furnace, heat pump, or geothermal system, regular maintenance and checkups will lengthen the life of the equipment, and keep it running at its peak efficiency.
While servicing a system, a technician can also identify potential problems and address them before the equipment breaks down.
A few of the items we check on a gas furnace:
- Clean or replace air filter / humidifier pad
- Clean Burners (main and pilot)
- Clean flame sensor / replace thermocouple (if necessary)
- Visually check heat exchanger for cracks
- Clean flue condensate trap
- Clean vacuum lines and orifice @ draft inducer
- Check flue for obstructions
- Check gas pressure
- Test CO
- Oil blower motor / circulating pump
- Check blower wheel, clean if needed
- Check blower belt